The Placement Section can be accessed from the menu on the left.
The section will display the Placements created for your account. Based on their state, the Placements can be: active (green color) or inactive (red color).
Search for Placements
You can search for ad units by using the Search box. The results of the search will be displayed below.
Create a Placement
Press the "Add Placement" button.
Fill in all the required information in order to create an ad unit as follows:
Placement Add/Edit Page
This page has 4 sections: General Settings, Player Controls, Player Ad Opportunities, and Look & Feel.
- On the top row you will have find a navigation menu. Clicking on the appropriate section will take you to your section.
- You will also find a save, discard changes, and a grab code button (only for saved placements).
- The sections are structured with general and advanced settings:
1. General Settings
• Name: The name for the Placement.
• State: The state of the ad unit (active/inactive)
• Site: The URL on which the ad unit will render. Select a site from the drop down list which includes the sites you previously set for your account. If you want to place the ad unit on a different site than those that are displayed in the list, use the "Add Site" button. For more details on this feature, read the article here.
• Country: You can select the Country/Region desired for your Ad Unit.
• Device: you can choose to show the ad unit only on the devices you choose from the list. The available options are: Desktop, iPad iOS < 10, iPad iOS 10+, iPhone iOS < 10, iPhone iOS 10+, Android tablet and Android - Phone.
• Creative Type: You can choose whether to enable/disable Branded Content. Video Monetization should always be on. Branded Content allows for higher revenue, however for publishers running their own content either via MRSS or RSS, you may want to disable Branded Content if you want to run only your own content exclusively.
• Category: You can choose from the categories that match your website.
• Language: Allows you to define the language of the content that will play on this placement (see how to set the language for videos below). If no content is available in this language, it will default to play english content.
• Domain: If the toggle is turned on, the placement will only render on the domain (and subdomains) value. You can only define one domain to filter per placement.
Note: The value will always accept lower level domains, but not highers. Example - if the value entered is example.com the placement will render on m.example.com. However, if the value entered is m.example.com the placement will not render on example.com.
• URL Path: allows you to define a specific URL path (i.e. anything that is after the “/” sign. Example - URL path “/News” will filter for URLs containing this specific path such as: http://www.exmple.com/news/nameofarticle.html
2. Player Controls
- Playback setting - this is the way the placement will play on the page. The options are:
Autoplay - the unit will autoplay content unless otherwise defined by a branded content creative.
Scroll to play - the unit will start playing content when the unit will be brought into view. Note - if this setting is enabled no ad calls will be made before the unit is in view
Click to play - the unit will not play until the user clicks the play button on the unit. Note - This setting will impact performance substantially.
- Sound Settings - Mute, Sound On, Hover to Sound
- Player Playlist - you can pick either a playlist you have created or all the videos in your video library (Connatix content and/or your own content). Note - ordering the playlist will be done through the playlist section. See more info on the Playlist Page.
- Enable Stories - Enabling this toggle will allow you to pick a story playlist from the drop down. Note - stories will only serve on mobile devices. Other devices will serve our normal player with the playlist defined in the Player Playlist dropdown.
- Video Close Button - Off, Always on, After first ad
- Up next - this field will determine what will happen after the first video is played:
- Loop - this will restart the video
- Move to next - will move to the next video in the playlist
Stop - This option will stop the video until the user clicks on it.
3. Player Ad Opportunities
- Pre-roll - This toggle will activate a pre-roll option. If activated, the user needs to define the break in seconds. This break will define the max amount of times in which we will look for an ad before we start playing content. Pre-roll will only allow to show one ad and then start the content. Note- Pre roll is only relevant for the first time the player loads on the page.
- Post Roll - This toggle will activate the post-roll option. If activated the user needs to define the break in seconds. This break will define the max amount of times in which we will look for an ad before we move to whatever is up next (either loop, next video or stop)
- Mid Roll - This is our default way of running ads on the content. The toggle will activate or deactivate them.
- Total Ads - This sets the amount of ads we allow for each content play. This count will start over with every loop of the content or playing of a new video.
- Time between video ads - This is the Minimum time between ads playing on the unit.
- Min time before ad break - If activated, this toggle allows you to define the minimum amount of time content will run before we show an ad.
- Bidding parameters - this are relevant for header bidding situations.
4. Look & Feel
In this section you will create the structure of the Placement, i.e. how the Unit will look once it is rendered on the page. This section is described in detail here.
Press 'Save' to save your ad unit.
6. Grab Code
Once you've saved your Placement, you need to grab the script and integrate it on your site. The Placement will only show up on your page after you've inserted the Connatix script in the HTML code. Click the Grab button to copy the script to clipboard, then you can paste it in the desired location.